Summer 1959, Pier Paolo Pasolini boards on his Fiat Millecento to travel the Italian coastline, from Ventimiglia to Trieste. Along the road, he writes a travelogue : The Long road of sand.
50 years later, director Gilles Coton is taking us into Pasolini's footsteps for a road movie that explores all the complexity of contemporary Italy.
Awards / Festivals
- International film festival of Nyon “Visions du réel” (Switzerland, 2010)
- Faito doc festival (Italy, 2010)
- Pagine Nascoste - Mantova festivaletturatura (Italy, 2010)
- Festival International of Mediterranean cinema of Montpellier (France, 2010)
- Mediterranean film Festival of Brussels (Belgium, 2010)
- Medimed Festival (Spain, 2010)
- Mediterranean Cinema Days (Germany, 2011)
- “A films ouverts” Festival (Belgium, 2011)
- Ales Festival (France, 2011)
- "Le Voci dell’Inchiesta" Festival (Italy, 2011)
- Parma Video Film Festival (Italy, 2011)
- Tarantella Qui Festival (Belgium, 2011)